November 15, 2012

Tonan no Tsubasa (3-4)

Having reacquainted myself with the political divisions of the Twelve Kingdoms, I've fixed a few earlier errors:

国  Kingdom
州  Province
郡  District (comprised of 50,000 households or 4 prefectures)
郷  Prefecture (comprised of 5 counties)
県  County
党  Township
族  Town
里  Hamlet (comprised of 25 households)

Ken County is a detached administrative territory of the capital province. For example, the Bonin Islands, including Iwo Jima, are administered as a subprefecture of Tokyo.

For my own convenience, chapters are numbered sequentially. The numbering convention in the book (starting from "1" in each section) is shown on the first line of each chapter (except for the first chapter in a section) and in the web page title (though if you're using multiple tabs, it might not show).

Labels: ,

Comments
# posted by Anonymous Anonymous
11/16/2012 12:44 AM   
Thank you for your hard work! I also always learn new vocabulary when I read your writing!